ALC understands the difficulties that a family faces when a loved one’s medical condition affects their safety and independence. We also understand that each individual’s needs are different. That’s why we offer companion services. Our companions provide the necessary assistance needed at home to maintain a safe and independent lifestyle.
We begin by reviewing your needs through discussions with involved family members and as necessary we consult with the physician(s) of the care recipient, social workers, hospitals, or anyone or entity that was or is involved in the care recipient health care. We then, in conjunction with the involved family members, develop a customized program to manage the care recipient daily needs. We match your needs to the best possible caregiver, bring them to your home and ask you to participate in the selection process.
After the ALC companion has been placed in your home, we continue our unique system of continued personalized contacts through telephone check-in, home visits. Most important, we continually communicate with the caregiver who is providing care to you.
Some of the services provided include:
• Reminder services (medications, dates, routines, etc.)
• Assisting with mobility
• Hygiene Assistance
• Meal preparation/Diet monitoring
• Light housekeeping
• Errands and Shopping
• Joyful companionship
• Organizing and reading mail
• Making and escorting to appointments (doctor appointments and social engagements)
• Assisting with pet care
• Entertaining (games, crafts, reading, etc.)
• Home safety evaluation
• Fall Prevention
• Complete Home Safety Evaluation.
• Clinical Evaluation of Risk Factors for patient.
• Physical and occupational therapy for muscle strengthening and gait improvement.
• Originate regular exercise program to be followed upon completion of therapy.
• Treats the following diagnoses:
• History of falls or recent fall
• Gait/Balance deficit
• Motor sensory problems
• Visual impairment
• Cerebral trauma
• Functional decline